Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Very Special Last Visit

It is very difficult to write this post. A few days after Christmas, Adam and I went to visit Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Nellist. We had no way of knowing that this would be the last time we would see Grandpa. My dear grandfather passed away on January 15, 2011. I truly believe that children are the most wonderful judges of character and love. Although we very rarely saw Grandpa, Adam always took to him right away, wanting to hold his hand and give him high-fives. Grandpa couldn't never see Adam, but even so, he lit up just having him in the room. At our last visit, Adam eagerly climbed into Grandpa's lap and snuggled up close, giving him a hug for the last time. I feel so fortunate to have had this dear, sweet man in my life well into my adult years and for my son to have known his great grandfather. Grandpa, we already miss you beyond words and love you dearly.

Adam loved Grandma's Christmas sweater


Wanting to get on Grandpa's lap

I don't know who had a bigger smile...

Pure love for his great grandson

Giving kisses

More hugs

Kisses from Grandma!

Snuggle time!

We love you, Grandpa!

1 comment:

Where Has the Time Gone? October 2009 (6 Months Old)

Uncle Dave Makes Me Laugh! 10.18.09

Jumperoo! Early October 2009

Happy Times with Mommy - August 9, 2009

I love my mobile! (July 28, 2009)

Adam Discovers His Tongue - June 30, 2009

Adam "Talking" - June 16, 2009

Smiling at the Mobile!

I was able to catch Adam smiling at his mobile this morning! It's toward the end of the video, but well worth the wait!

Followers